5 Easy & Quick Boho Hairstyles Which Will Transform Your Looks
The Boho hairstyles (also known as Bohemian hairstyles) have become a very popular trend for quite some time now and are definitely here to stay. Such style has revolutionized the neat looking image into somewhat messy in a fashionable sense. Boho styles are very ideal for everyday wear because they are very easy to prepare and can be recreated beautifully to fit and match even your formal events.
Whether you have short or long hair, the Boho hairstyles that we are going show you can easily be prepared with the use of some hair extensions to add volume and texture to your hair. Here are three Boho hairstyles which will definitely transform your looks in less than five minutes. So let’s get started.
DOUBLE THREE STRAND BRAID WITH MESSY FISHTAIL
The first Boho hairstyle in the list has been one of the most popular hairstyles in recent years. It’s been making its rounds in very famous music festivals such as Coachella, thanks to this hairstyle’s laid-back, hipster vibe. Ready to try this one? Let’s get started!
- You will begin by brushing your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles to make it easier to braid later. Now form two braids on both sides of your face. Use three small groups of hair strands to make one braid on each side. When you are done with both sides, it is time for you to pull back both braids and secure them with bobby pins as they meet.
- Once the braids are done, create the fishtail braid on either side of your choice. If you decided to have it on your left then you need to put all remaining hair to your left.
- Divide your hair into three huge parts and start braiding them on one side only. Depending on the length of your hair, you can opt to do it only halfway and sure the braid with an elastic band.
- Now it is time to do the messy thing the bohemian way by pulling some strands outward from your braid and be careful not to pull them fully but just enough to add more volume and to look a bit messy with style.
- Finally, tease the remaining strands just below you halfway braided and messy fishtail to add more texture and softness to the hair tips. That’s the first Boho Hairstyle you may want to try right away.
TWO SIDES MESSY FISHTAILS
If the first hairstyle is only on the left side or left shoulder, this type will be on both sides but without the two mini braided hair strands coming from the front part of your hair.
- First, you need to divide your hair into two sections where the left portion will be braided using three equal strands. The same braiding procedure should be done on the other side.
- The exciting part here is when you already completed both regular braids and are to begin making them look like real fishtails. This is where the Boho hairstyle comes in.
- Having two neat braids is a thing of the past. But with the messy Bohemian touch, the transformation is about to begin.
- Secure both ends of every braid about four inches from the hair ends leaving some strands to be teased later on.
- Now, to recreate the fishtail, pull some strands randomly out of the braids to make it messier while adding volume for every wave of the braid. It should now look like fat number eights joined together to form like the shape of a DNA symbol.
- To conclude the hairstyle, all you need to do is tease the hair endings and make it messier while adding texture and softness.
- You may opt to get some long baby hairs from your upper forehead and curl them on both sides. That’s it, and you are good to go!
DOUBLE TWISTED HAIRBAND AND THREE STRAND BRAID PONYTAIL
The third and last Boho hairstyle that we recommend is very easy to make and looks very clean and attractive. The Bohemian touch will start from the hair strands on your upper forehead.
- You may decide how small or how much hair you need to get to twist them from both sides for you to form a natural headband using twisted hair strands.
- Once you are finished with the first twisted strands, hold the hair tips so you can pull some strands to make it look messier, then secure it with bobby pins at the back of your head.
- Do the same thing with the other twisted strands and secure them both.
- Now is the time to create your three strand braid ponytail by using some but not all of your remaining hair strands. Make a braided mini pony at the center-back of your head while leaving some hair strands on the sides.
- Continue combing the hair on the sides to keep them free from tangles. This is indeed one of the best Boho hairstyles you could ever try for all special occasions.
HALF-UP BOHO BRAIDS
This hairstyle is pretty amazing. It will make you look as if you have a crown on top of your head. While it is really hippie-like, you can also wear it for special occasions. Nowadays, it is common for women to wear half-up boho braids for weddings and other important ceremonies.
- You have to start by creating two braids. Keep in mind that one will have to be visibly bigger than the other one so you can properly create this style. They need to be separated so that the impact is much better
- If you want, you have the option of curling hair so that you have a wavy effect
- Keep two bobby pins nearby; you will need them to pin the half-up. After that, you need to continue by taking the bigger braid and properly pin it. Make sure it is nicely tucked in. It needs to be moved downwards under the hair to the left side. You can use additional pins to secure the braid some more
- Smaller braid will need to be pinned above the bigger braid. This will create a circular look; like a halo. The final look includes three braids placed on 3 separate levels, one above another
SIMPLE AND EASY BOHO BRAIDS
If you’re a type of person that loves to look nice but hates complicated solutions then, simple and easy boho braids will be the right thing. You don’t need much time to create them and what is even better, you don’t need much experience with the particular hairstyle. In fact, if you would like to try boho braids, this is the best style to start with!
- Find a big section of hair and separate it from the rest. It should be somewhere halfway from your forehead. Go from the top and create 3 smaller sections that will later be used for a French braid
- Now, you can start creating the braid. Make sure to use parts of the initially created big section for the braid. Go downwards and continue making the braid until there is no hair left. The French braid should be extended by combining it with the regular one. It needs to be as lengthy as the previously mentioned section of hair
- By relying on your fingers, make sure to loosen the French braid. Focus on the area around your scalp. After that, you will also have to loosen the bottom area of the braid. You will afterward have to use something to secure the braids. For example, you can either go with rubbers elastic or with bobby pins. Secure the area towards the bottom of the section so that the braid remains loose
Truly, Bohemian hairstyles are so easy and simple but look great and fashionable. With a little tweak and curls, your daily hairstyle can be transformed to match your formal wear. That’s the beauty and versatility of Boho styles. It is like a shirt with one size that fits all. So enjoy practicing any or all three and be ready to experience that enjoyable and exciting transformation.