4 DIY Hair Masks to Solve Your Hair Problems
All of us have a number of different hair concerns. While some are lucky enough to have naturally beautiful hair, the majority struggles against frustrating problems. Problems such as hair damage from frequent styling, poor growth rate or complete inability to grow quality hair, oiliness or dry hair, natural hair loss, and frizz are just some samples.
Hair care products purchased from today’s mainstream beauty brands may initially resolve the problem at hand. However, there are high chances that these will cause another unwanted problem, especially if that product uses synthetic chemicals. While the option of going organic is apparently available, it’s not always as affordable.
If you do not have much budget for these premium organic products, then you should definitely consider going for DIY alternatives. Go to your kitchen and let your imagination take over – right, those cooking ingredients you have there should be the answer to your hair woes!
Here are some homemade masks you can try according to your hair concerns. These natural remedies are really easy to make, they require little time, and they will lead to some amazing results! Read these tips carefully as they will help you fix hair in no time!
If your hair follicles are encountering a constant breakage, it can pose a real issue. This may be brought about by so many factors. One of them includes exposing your hair to damaging chemicals due to harsh products. Regardless of the cause, it is still very possible to nurse your tresses back to good health.
Go for an avocado mask! This natural wonder has powerful repairing properties, and it is perfect for deep conditioning too. Avocado has robust nutrients that nourish your strands as it contains healthy fats and oils that are essential in repairing the damage. It also helps eliminate dryness and brittleness.
This avocado mask will work perfectly together with coconut oil and honey. The blend of these three natural ingredients will hydrate and strengthen your scalp and strands.
- A half avocado
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Put all your ingredients in a mixing bowl or blender and mix them until it achieves a smooth texture.
- Wet your strands and apply the product starting from the roots to the ends
- Gather your strands together and tie them down. Wear a shower cap or wrap them in a towel.
- Let the mixture sit in for around 45 minutes and rinse it off. Shampoo and condition your hair.
Oily hair can also be a tough nuisance sometimes, just like having an oily skin. To help you with this problem, we will show you how to create an easy-to-do mask that will only require ingredients already available in your very own kitchen. We’ll use lemon, aloe vera, and egg white.
Aloe vera is a common star ingredient for a lot of hair products. It has so many vital components that will nourish your strands. It comes highly recommended, and it also has unique properties that will significantly benefit your scalp. On the other hand, lemon is rich in vitamin C, and also serves as a great cleansing agent that will free your hair from oil and dirt.
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- One tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- One egg yolk
- Put all your ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them thoroughly
- Apply the mixture from the roots to the ends on your damp hair.
- Wear your shower cap and leave the mixture to sit in for 20 minutes
- Rinse the mixture off with lukewarm water then shampoo and condition.
Poor Hair Growth
Do you think your hair is not growing full and healthy as you hope? There’s a natural DIY mask for that. We will create a mask that will stimulate growth so that you can attain your dream length. These ingredients feature powerful and potent properties that will significantly improve hair growth.
- half-sliced avocado
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- one tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- ten drops of rosemary essence
- Put the avocado slice in a mixing bowl and mush it until it is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp
- Leave it for about 15 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water
- Proceed with shampooing and conditioning
Frizzy hair can be a total nightmare for a lot of women. It can be quite difficult to manage especially when it comes with severe dryness and damage. But then, frizzy hair can be easily resolved if you provide your locks with healthy amounts of moisture and vitamins. To help you with this, let’s go indulge your hair with delectable bananas!
Bananas are rich in potassium, vitamins, and essential natural oils. These distinct beneficial properties will enhance the natural shine of your hair. As it works its wonders on keeping your hair’s natural sebum levels balanced, it allows the hair to be smooth and frizz-free.
- One whole banana (sliced)
- Two tablespoons of coconut milk
- One tablespoon of honey
- Thoroughly mash the banana pieces in a mixing bowl until the texture becomes smooth
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix them well
- Dampen your hair and apply the mixture starting from the roots to the ends
- Tie your strands together and secure your hair with a shower cap
- Leave the mixture for 45 minutes and rinse it off.
- Proceed with shampooing and conditioning.
As these DIY masks feature all-natural ingredients, note that it takes patience and consistency for you to see drastic results. But one thing’s for sure, these natural recipes are loaded with essential nutrients to nourish your hair. Therefore, there is no need for you to worry about your hair dilemmas whenever you cannot afford fancy salon treatments.
Use these masks at least once a week so that you can achieve better results. Whatever your problem is, nature’s best ingredients surely have all the nutrients your hair needs. You can now enjoy long, lustrous, shiny, and frizz-free hair without breaking the bank!
Before you go and start your treatment, please don't forget to check our shop! Don't forget to leave your email if you wish to receive newsletters.